Saturday, January 3, 2009

Grumpy

That is my name and my mood. I have been really depressed since Christmas and I am not sure why. Maybe it is because my expectations of the holidays are never realized. I am always disappointed with the day and from there the depression has just continued.

Mother guilt: On my Canadian adoption website http://www.canadaadopts.com one of the moms was talking about how she isnt the mother she thought she would be. I totally get how she is feeling. I am not the mother I expected to be and in some ways I am the mother that I said I never would be. I can be very selfish with my time, especially right now while I am depressed. I am lucky that Sean is so patient with Robbie, at least he gets it from one parent. As much as I try not to, I sometimes yell at Robbie; the only memories I have of Doreen (my biological mother) is of her yelling (and hitting) at me. I dont want Robbie to have those kind of memories. Changing my parenting skills is part of what I hope to get out of the day program.

Day Program: Starts next month! I am not sure what day I start, just sometime in February. On wednesdays I will be going to the "waiting list" group sessions. I think it will help to get me used to group therapy. I am nervous about the group aspect of things but I want to get help and this program is supposed to be amazing.

Weekly goal: I made a goal this week to use the Wii Fit 3 times. I didnt do so good on my last goal - I only ate breakfast once instead of three times.

1 comments:

Kate said...

I am not the mother I thought I would be either. Some days I think I don't deserve these wonderful little people, yet other days I feel as though I am a terrific mom.
Just remember that feelings aren't truth, and your thoughts are clouded by this illness. Robbie knows that you love him. We all the best we can with what we have. Some days we score, other days we don't.
Praying for you as always.