Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Group Therapy Session #6

Technically the post should be Group Session 6b because I didnt go last week, but I also did not post so today is Session 6. I talked today about starting the program, about being excited and anxious. I did not talk about how I have been feeling more depressed, I would have but I am starting to see some light at the end of the tunnel again.

I had my physical today, they want you to have one before the program starts. I had put it off since October so it was good to have another reason to have it done. I hate the paper "gowns" they have for you to wear... not fun at all. It was a great appointment, the doctor was happy with all that he saw. He was very happy to hear that I have lost 10% of my body weight. I do my weigh-in tomorrow but since I was one pound off of it from his scale (wearing jeans too!) that I was close enough. I will make a BIG post here when it is finally official.

As I have said I am starting to feel like there is some light in all the darkness again. It helps having friends that are supportive and of course Sean is always there for me. I know that Satan works with the depression to make me feel even worse. I should get a blessing before the program starts. I will ask my home teachers on Sunday.

3 comments:

Kate said...

I'm thankful for the light at the end of your tunnel - keep focused on that!

robin said...

I think having a blessing is a great idea. I was having a tough week last week. I have seasonal affective disorder so I am most susceptible to depression in the winter time when it is overcast or when we have inversion (high pollution problems). We had a lot of days with little sun last week and I was also not looking forward to my husband being out of town again this week.

I had him give me a blessing before he left and it really helped me to get through the days while he was gone.

Good luck with your program. You really are doing a great job!

catharooni said...

light often comes through when we turn a corner - and starting the program is a big corner! it is going to be very hard work and there will be times it seems darker than before you even started, but please have faith and trust - it will be amazing when you get to "the other side" ... you have my love, prayers and support!!