Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's Day

When I was single I HATED Valentine's day. I always felt so alone and like everyone else was part of a couple. And then I met Sean. When Sean and I met I had no intention of getting involved with him. I had just broken up with someone who I thought I would marry and was scared to go out with anyone. A friend talked me into asking Sean out for a Valentine's dance that was taking place on February 16th.


I finally gave in and asked Sean out. He surprised me by showing up to work to take me out to dinner on Valentine's day. He brought me Laura Secord chocolates (yum). We spent the night talking and cuddling, sharing kisses. I felt like I was quickly falling in love and I was scared. That was 9 years ago.

This year, Sean again bought me Laura Secord chocolates (they are so yummy). The past nine years have been amazing! I love Sean so much more now then I ever thought possible.

I also have my little Valentine. Robbie was so into Valentine's this year. He was so excited about it. Robbie went with daddy to buy mommy a special present. Robbie gave it to me in the ER (while I was waiting to see Dr Chua regarding what we thought was a cyst - turns out to be a severe bladder infection), it was a Dora the Explorer pin that flashes lights. He was so proud to give it to me.

I love my "boys".

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Margaret - so sorry to hear you were in the ER! Sounds like you have two very special valentine's this year. How cute that Robbie was so into it. I've been thinking of you.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
robin said...

I love getting Valentines from my boys - they are very cute. Hope you get feeling better soon!

Other Mother said...

You are a lucky woman. What an amazing family you have. Hope you feel better soon.