Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Sick Leave

I have been dealing with chronic pelvic pain since January 28th. It is not fun. The pain is at an all-time high being worse then the gall stones which up to now has been the hardest pain to deal with. I have made 5 (yes five) trips to the ER, one was more for bleeding although the pain was bad as well.


Until recently I had not had a period since December 12th. Not fun! I finally started back on birth control pills on February 7th to force the issue. At that point I had a bunch of blood pregnancy tests all come back negative. I also had an ultra sound come back negative for any cysts (which is what we thought was the problem).

Included in the 5 trips to the hospital were two rides in ambulances, really not a fun experience.

On monday I FINALLY saw my OB/GYN. I have a diagnosis. I have a very severe bladder infection complicated by my diabetes. Dr Chua said that the pain would feel like labour (I think it is worse then labour) and I will be on antibiotics for at least a month but possibly 3-4 months to get rid of this. Apparently it is common in diabetics after giving birth AND under-diagnosed.

I see Dr Fontyne (family doc) to keep him posted on what is happening. I really hope this is the answer because I am tired of feeling this way. I want to go back to work. I LIKE my job and miss being there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Margaret - you are going through too much. I'm sorry. Hugs. If I could I'd sit on a couch with you and a cup of tea. Thinking of you.

Nishant said...

awesome post
home based data entry

Other Mother said...

I am so sorry for all that you are going through. I bet you feel relieved though to finally know what's been making you feel horrible. *hugs*