Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Laughing on the Outside, Crying on the Inside

My heart is totally breaking.  Robbie told his kindergarten teacher today that I had a baby boy yesterday.  She emailed me congratulations and asked me the name.  It breaks my heart that Robbie wants to be a big brother so badly that he would make up stories.  He is such a sweet child and would make an awesome big brother.  I know life is not fair but I want to give my son the things he wants.  Wanting a sibling is not a bad thing.  I want to give him a sibling but so far my body has not co-operated.

After Robbie's 6th birthday we will try and start the adoption classes.

Please Heavenly Father, make it possible for my sweet boy to be a big brother.

2 comments:

robin said...

It is a good thing that Robbie looks positively on having another sibling in the family. As we went through the adoption process with its ups and downs and then the fostercare process with its uncertainty we had to do a lot of communicating with our son. He wanted to know when he would have a brother or sister and we couldn't answer that but we could encourage him to be a great big brother when the time came. We have learned that the timing is all in Heavenly Father's hands. It happens when it is supposed to happen. My family didn't come the way I planned but it is still my family.

Margaret said...

Yes, Robin, you are right. Families happen is so many different ways. I just feel bad that Robbie wants a sibling so much that he would make stories up. We are not in a position to foster or adopt until Sean finishes school which is why the delay in taking the adoption classes. Robbie is at an age that tomorrow seems to be months away so we have not talked to him yet about anything.