Thursday, March 29, 2012

Remembering Bailey

I have so many things to post about, and I will get around to them. However, today I remember my sweet baby who died way too soon.

One year ago today (by day of the week not date) we found out that our very much wanted baby had died. The day had started out so wonderfully, a great day at work, a special lunch for a friend leaving the bank and then the ultrasound...

I was so excited to be showing Robbie his sibling, then we found out that Bailey had died. this last year has been so hard in many ways but today has been the hardest. I have cried off and on, my heart feels like it has been ripped out. I love my baby and miss them so much.

Sean sent me the following email today and it brought tears to my eyes but it also helped some:

"You are my wife, my lover, and the mother of my children. I will love you forever."

I loved that he included Bailey, that we have children and not just Robbie.

Losing a baby is hard, I know I will never forget my sweet little one. This year when they have the baby memorial service I will be able to go and visit Bailey's grave.

"A person that loses a partner is called a widow. A child who loses a parent is called an orphan. But there is no word to describe a parent that loses a child, because the loss is like no other."

Mommy loves you Bailey. "I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living my Baby you'll be." (Robert Muncsh)

0 comments: