Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Fertility Clinic

On August 30th we finally had our appointment at the fertility clinic.  It was good.  Our appointment started at 3 and until we left at 5:30 we were either filling out paperwork, talking with the nurse or in with the doctor.

The plan is as follows:

blood work for both - std's, chicken pox, German measles etc
blood work - cycle day 3 for me - all the hormonal stuff
sperm analysis - Sean's first one was perfect
hsg (dye test of tubes and uterus) - next cycle
progesterone if cycle goes longer then 35 days (averaging 34-43 days) and after a blood preg test

then on to injectable fertility drugs and possible IUI

At my age I am not a candidate for IVF and we had decided long ago that we would not go that route.

So right now I am sitting at day 26 just waiting for everything to get going.

Do I really want to be pregnant at 43 and giving birth at 44?  No, not really but I really want another baby in our lives.  After the death of Bailey last year I have to do this.  I am not in the right place to go ahead with adoption.  It is still in consideration but right now I have to try this.

0 comments: