Thursday, November 21, 2013

Good mom? Bad mom?

I want to start this post with a link to this article Are you a good mom?

I have been feeling like a very bad mom lately.  My depression and BPD have been hard and making me doubt myself.  There are so many things I don't do, I get frustrated with Robbie, I yell at him, but I am doing something right.  Robbie knows I love him more then anything in the world.  My kisses and hugs are still magical and can fix any hurt.

The other night Robbie was playing a video game and stopped to tell me "you are the best mommy I could ever have".  That made me tear up.  The one person's whose opinion really matters if i am a good mom or a bad mom thinks I am the best mom.

I was the over-achiever mom earlier this week.  I found out that Robbie was to be the Inn Keeper for the Ward Christmas Celebration.  We had nothing appropriate for him and so I sewed him a costume.  I am doing a lot more sewing lately and finding some peace in seeing the beautiful things I make so I am not going to feel bad about the costume.  I am going to enjoy my little boy playing in the Nativity.

0 comments: