Friday, November 1, 2013

Long Time, Lots to Catch Up On

It has been a long time since I have posted.  Mostly because every time I open my blog I was reminded that all my parents but my step-mother is gone.  It has been a rough year.  So here is what happened since April.

Robbie turns 8

Robbie had his 8th birthday party at home and at Sakaw park.  It was his choice.  He chose a Lego theme and I endeavoured to make a Lego brick cake.

First the presents from us.  Normally we make Robbie wait until the actual day of his birthday to open his gifts but this year we allowed him to open the gifts early.



Birthday party fun.







Robbie gets to choose a place to go to dinner on his birthday.  On the 26th Robbie was invited to go to the cubs year end party.  He made the choice to go to cubs so on the 27th we went to Montana's.  Robbie did not want them to sing as he had been sung to twice already.  He did want to wear the hat though.  Daddy tried it on as well.



Last day of Grade 2

Robbie's last day of grade 2 was the day after his birthday.  He will miss being in class with Mrs Dochuk but he is looking forward to grade 3.




Grade 3

In September Robbie started grade 3.  Time has flown by.  On the second day of school we found out that Robbie would be in a split class of grades 3 and 4.  We were happy to know that if he was in a split class at least he was the one in the lower grade.  I was in a 2/3 and 5/6 split classes so I knew some of the challenges that will be happening this year.


Aunt Viola and Uncle Doug

Aunt Viola and Uncle Doug came to visit Uncle Doug's son and so they dropped in for a visit.  Does Uncle Doug look like anyone famous?











0 comments: