Sunday, December 28, 2008

Do I or don't I?

I am trying to decide if I should rejoin Weight Watchers. Right now I can register for free and then I just have to pay the weekly amount. I am just not sure of being able to pay the weekly amount... I just dont know if WW is a justifiable budget item. I know that I have to do something about my weight and I need to be accountable to someone other then myself. Being accountable to myself only sets me up for failure, if I feel that I have not lost weight then I put off weighing myself (or "forget" to weigh myself). If I rejoin WW I would feel that I had to go as I had spent the money, I went every week last time I was a member. I did see some movement on the scale, it was slow movement but not as slow as things are going now.

I have had a rough holiday. I am so down and couldnt care less about Christmas. I took down the tree on Boxing Day. I was so sick of it and the thought of keeping it up for another week made me anxious. I find when my anxiety gets high then everything around me starts getting chaotic, then I lose control.

I now have 3 days of having Robbie during the day. I am not looking forward to it. Sean keeps asking if I am going to be ok. Well, the only other alternative is for him to stay home and that can't happen so I am going to have to deal with him. Luckily Robbie is getting back into a normal sleeping routine, he is much healthier then he has been (of course he shared his cold with mommy and daddy).

5 comments:

Kate said...

I am struggling a lot with anxiety these days as well. It's getting harder to deal with.

I couldn't work with WW. I know a lot of people that have had wonderful results with them but I wasn't one of them. Maybe you could read up about it online and follow the plan that way, rather than paying weekly?

The only weightloss plan that worked for me (I lost 60 lbs in 4 months and never felt better in my life) was Atkins. I was never hungry ever and I was the healthiest I've ever been. Lots of naysayers for this plan, but it was under a doctor's supervision. Apparently a lot of psychiatrists use this method to help their patients with their depression. Sure helped me in that area as well.

Maybe you and I could be accountability partners? We could remind each other about weigh-ins and keep each other on track?

~ Kate

robin said...

I'm jealous that you took your tree down so fast!!! I am dying to take my tree down but haven't had the time. I am actually one of those people that the second Christmas is done, I want the tree down and packed away. I'm itching to do it. I don't like clutter. My house is a Christmas disaster still with laundry, dishes, presents etc, all over and waiting to be cleaned. I have prescriptions to pick up at separate pharmacies in separate towns. But all this I must take one step at a time. the prescriptions are first priority as my strep throat is nagging at me first at foremost. The other things I will take one at a time and enlist the boys to help out where they can. That's all we can do... take things one at a time.

Margaret said...

Kate - Sean and I talked last night about WW and I am not going to do it. I have all the materials, going to the meetings helped with motivation but if my friend Kate keeps me accountable then I shouldn't have as many issues.

I have made a lot of healthy eating changes in my life over the past year, now it is getting exercise on board. I also have to give up my salt habit - there are times that I just want to eat salt by itself.

Margaret said...

Robin - Sean was surprised that the tree was down when he got home from Boxing day shopping. I was already tired of Robbie asking if Santa was coming again. I am glad that everything is packed away and I can have my house back.

Get well soon.

Kate said...

I'm starting Jan 1!