Thursday, March 12, 2009

Day Treatment Program

Well, I am almost finished my first week, fridays are half days. It is going well so far. I haven't done a whole lot of talking but I am taking things in. My first day I got in trouble for walking to slow to volleyball so now I am not allowed to go to volleyball or anything else that involves walking a distance. I am short and obese, I walk slow, get over it! I did go into some detail about being raped when I was 11. I was kind of surprised that I got into something so deep on my second day. I discovered that while I thought I had dealt with the whole incident I have never allowed myself to be angry about it. Anger is one of the things that I need to deal with over the next 17 weeks.

I do think that there are too many breaks for too long. Our breaks are generally 25-30 minutes with an hour for lunch. I would rather shorter breaks and either more groups or leaving earlier. Today our patient lounge was being used and so we had to wait in the hallway for one of our breaks. I was not happy about that. I had taken my Axim (pda) to do some reading and never got a chance. I am not sure even if we had the break room I would have read but at least it would have been a possibility.

Bedtime is looming so I had better go. More details later...

1 comments:

Jen said...

Walking too slow?! Oh my goodness!