Sunday, March 8, 2009

Tomorrow is the day!

I have been waiting for tomorrow to happen for 2.5 months. I seemed that it would never come and yet here it finally is. The first day of my Day Treatment Program. I am excited and also anxious. I am not sure totally of what to expect, I understand the concept of group therapy but I am not sure how the directed groups go. I am also not sure how I am going to deal with the large group at the beginning of each day. I am committed to do what I need to do to get better and become a better mother.

My goals for therapy are to:
1) increase my self esteem
2) become a better mother by learning from my relationships with my various mothers
3) to learn to deal with depression in a healthy way

I have 18 weeks to achieve my goals or at least make good headway on them. I have had a blessing from my home teacher. I have the support of Sean and of his mom. I have the support of a ton of friends. I need to do this for me, this is my time and I will use it to progress to the person I want to be.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Saying a prayer for you for tomorrow. You can do this! I am so proud of you!!!

catharooni said...

great goals, great to hear you anticipating this adventure!

crappy day to have to go out in!! i look forward to the reports - i will be here cheering you on!!

Jen said...

Keeping you in my prayers also Mags. I know that this will be good for you! HUGS