Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Mom

I had a long talk with Grace last night. It was really good to talk to her and I think she needed someone to talk to. We talked about how mom is doing. Apparently mom is not doing so well, she no longer enjoys tv (I think that she cant follow the story) and so she acts like a lost puppy. It has been really hard for Grace dealing with mom on her own. As mom slides further downhill Grace has more stress added to her load. The biggest stress is about to come. Mom has a spot in a nursing home, right now there is a flu outbreak there but once that is cleared up mom will be moving in. Grace hates the idea that mom will be in a home but finally realizes that this is something that needs to be done. It is in mom's best interest to be in a home where she can be properly cared for and it takes the stress from Grace. They will still be able to take mom places and visit and such but not having to care for her 24/7 will be a big stress reliever.

I feel kind of guilty that I am not there to help with the transition. I feel lucky to be so far removed from everything. I do think that mom going into a home is a very good thing, it should have been done before.

Apparently Edith isnt doing so well either. Grace says that Edith hardly comes to church anymore and she is worried about her. Just what Grace needs, another stress.

It is hard to see your parents grow old....

2 comments:

Dan and Kira said...

That is horrible! I wish i could do something!

Margaret said...

Kira, dont worry about it. Nana and Grace will be fine. If you want to do something then put their names on the Prayer Roll. You just worry about baking my new great-niece.

Hugs.