Friday, November 28, 2008

Meeting with my Bishop

Last night Sean and I went to talk to my Bishop. I feel better about things. Bishop McQuay has helped me to see that I need to take care of myself. Right now that means I need to be home from work and the sacrifices that involves. I am no good at work or home at the moment, I need the healing time of the day program to get well. Our family is blessed in so many ways. I try to remember to say thank you for everything in my prayers but I feel that it is not adequate.

We picked up the application form for HomeEd, which is a subsidized housing program. You pay 27% of your gross income in rent (up to market value which is actually less then market value really is). If we could get into the program the lower rent would be another big blessing. I asked today about the waiting list and the manager said it could be anywhere from a month to a year or longer, it just depends on when a space becomes available.

We are also applying for daycare subisty, it appears that they will pay about 80% of our daycare costs! I need to get a letter from work saying that I am on unpaid medical leave. Hopefully I will be able to get that in the next few days.

Sean and I decided that we are still getting each other Christmas gifts for one another. Sean's gift to me might be late as he is ordering it online. I am unsure what to get him. Maybe I will have to check out Warp in the mall and see what new D&D stuff they have.

1 comments:

Jen said...

Sometimes it's nice to hear from an unbiased 3rd party what you already know. I hope the various subsidies come through for you quickly!