Saturday, November 8, 2008

Light Therapy

I started on light therapy today. I was back at the hospital feeling suicidal. I hated being there. At first I was kept in emerg as there wasnt a bed for me. I spent about 20 hours in emerg with my every move being watched, I at least got to shut the door when going to the bathroom. Finally I was moved to a locked ward, there things were a little better. Friday morning I saw the psychiatrist and asked to go home. After talking for a bit, he agreed to let me go home. I was really missing Robbie and Sean. The doctor suggested that I might have SAD (seasonal affective disorder) along with the underlying depression. He did suggest that once I have a medical plan (starting in December) that I change meds (but I guess that will be up to whatever psychiatrist I am seeing. He also suggested that I needed light therapy, I figure anything that might help is good to try. The light is VERY bright! I have it on for 15 minutes/time. It should only take a few days to notice a difference.

2 comments:

Dan and Kira said...

I am so sorry that you are going through that! I have seasonal depression also and they have just recommended that keep all my windows open and lots of lights on! It really has helped me. Again I am sorry that you are having to deal w/that, it is horrible! I love you and hang in there!

Shannon Harris said...

Hey Margaret... how is the light therapy coming? I am sorry you have been feeling like this!