Friday, June 20, 2008

Feeling NORMAL

Yes, I am yelling. For the first time in 3.5 years I can say that I feel normal. It has taken time, and I have noticed improvement for some time but now my brain is not foggy, I am not down. It really does feel like a weight has been pulled off of me.

Depression is a horrible disease, no one should have to live with it. I am so happy to say that I am not living with it. I know that I can not go off my meds, probably for at least a year if not longer. I can live with the meds, I will always hate taking them but I can live with them.

My patience is still low, it was never good in the first place. Robbie can still get the best of me but I am trying to deal with that better. I am learning not to beat myself up because I am not a perfect parent.

I am trying to learn to be good to myself. I am trying to learn not to eat when I am upset/frustrated/happy/whatever the emotion. I am trying to come up with non-food rewards/treats for me.

Weight loss treat: At 10lbs lost I will go for a pedi - what motivation, I really want a pedi!

Life is good.

1 comments:

Kate said...

Way to go, girl! Sounds like you are really getting a good grip on things. Keep hanging on! You can do it!