Monday, January 19, 2009

Binge control

Last night I wanted to binge. I recognized that I was stressed and upset and just wanted to eat and eat. It was hard but I didnt give into the feelings. I knew that I wasnt hungry, I just wanted the calming effects of eating a bunch of food. Part of what stopped me is there was nothing in the house to binge on, but that isnt totally true there was food just nothing that appealed to me. Part of what stopped me was knowing that I would feel worse after giving in. I went to bed, took some tylenol for my headache and was asleep shortly after. This morning the reason for wanting to eat no longer mattered.

I am proud of myself, although I am sure there will be other binges I was able to control my emotions and not start eating. Even just once it is a victory that needs to be recognized. I can control my emotional eating. Yay!

5 comments:

Kate said...

YAY YOU!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. That is a huge step. This one time will turn into many others.

catharooni said...

NICE! you are right - every success needs to be celebrated ... (but remember, not every slip needs to be punished!) ... smiles ...

looking forward to your continuing updates about your group sessions - i am curious to see how long you last before you have to talk!!

robin said...

congrats on the steps you are taking! The fact that you are able to open up on your blog about the things that you are going through says that you CAN open up so I think you can eventually get there in group. keep up the good work.

Dan and Kira said...

Way to GO GIrl! I am so proud of you!