Sunday, January 4, 2009

Favourite Hymn

My favourite Hymn is #134 "I Believe in Christ". I think that I need to sing/read/listen to it more often. When Dad was dying I spent the night at the hospital with him. I put on his Mormon Tab cd on repeat. I think every time "I Believe in Christ" came on I would wake up. The words are as follows:

I Believe in Christ

Lyrics by Bruce R. McConkie
Music by John Longhurst

I believe in Christ, He is my King!
With all my heart to Him I'll sing
I'll raise my voice in praise and joy
In grand amen's my tongue employ
I believe in Christ, He is God's Son
On earth to dwell, His soul did come
He healed the sick, the dead He raised
Good works were His, His name be praised

I believe in Christ, oh blessed name!
As Mary's Son, He came to reign
Mid mortal men, His earthly kin
To save them from the woes of sin
I believe in Christ, who marked the path
Who did gain all His Father hath
Who said to men "Come follow Me
That ye, my friends, with God may be"

I believe in Christ, my Lord and my God!
My feet He plants on gospel sod.
I'll worship Him with all my might
He is the source of truth and light
I believe in Christ, He ransoms me
From satan's grasp He sets me free
And I shall live with joy and love
In His eternal courts above

I believe in Christ, He stands supreme!
From Him I'll gain my fondest dream
And while I strive through grief and pain
His voice is heard "Ye shall obtain"
I believe in Christ, so come what may
With Him I'll stand in that great day
When on this earth he comes again
To rule among the sons of men